Cooltra Rental Conditions
To rent a scooter with Cooltra you must be in possession of a valid driving license and valid under the laws of the related country. The minimal requirements for our rental points in Spain, Italy, France and Portugal are identified in a table below:
|50cc scooter||125cc scooter||3-wheel scooter||400cc scooter||+ 400cc scooter||QUAD|
|Spain||Min. 18 years, B/AM driving license, B (more than 1 year of experience)||Min. 18 years, A1/A or Min 21 years and 3 years of experience with B||Min. 18 years, A1/A or 3+ years of experience with B||Min. 18 years and A or A2 category driving license||Min. 21 years and A category driving license||Min. 21 years old, B driving license with 3+ years of experience|
|Italy||Min. 18 years, B/AM driving license||Min. 18 years, A1 (max 11KW), A2 (max 35KW), A or B (max 11KW) driving license||Min. 18 years, A1/A or 3+ years of experience with B||Min. 21 years and A or A2 category driving license||Min. 21 years and A category driving license||–|
|France||Min. 18 years, B/AM driving license||Min 20 years and A category||Min 20 years and A category||Min 20 years and A category||Min. 21 years and A category||–|
|Portugal||Min. 18 years, B/AM driving license||A1/A driving license or 25+ years old + B||A1/A driving license or 25+ years old + B||A or A2 category driving license||Min. 21 years and A category||–|
*Note: If your driver license is not from a country of the European Economic Union or from a country without convenience agreement with Spain (or other countries where Cooltra is present in), you need to have an international driving permit (IDP). Likewise, the valid documents are regulated by the law stated by the country where you are driving, not the document’s origin country.
Apart from that, you need to leave us a security deposit of 150€ for a scooter of Standard category, 300€ – for a category Plus, 750€ – for a Premium category, 1500€ – for a Super Premium category scooters. The security deposit must be paid by credit card and it will be reimbursed at the end of your rental contract. Please note that the refund of the deposit may take a few days depending on the customer’s bank or country. Transfer costs are borne by the customer.
All our scooters go with one helmet, full-risk insurance with excess from 600€ to 4000€ (depending on scooter or motorbike type) and roadside assistance. There is also a possibility to add a second helmet, insurance excess reduction, hotel delivery service and other extras; simply by choose them when booking your scooter.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- If the cancellation is made with a notice of more than 48 hours from the day of delivery, 100% of the paid amount is refunded.
- We do not accept refunds with a notice of less than 48 hours from the day of delivery, in these cases the lessor will not proceed to any refund.
- Cooltra is not responsible for the weather conditions.
- Cooltra does not guarantee delivery of premium scooters for reservations made 1 hour in advance.
GENERAL RENTAL CONDITIONS – RENTAL CONTRACT
You can download a PDF with our rental terms and conditions below:
- GENERAL RENTAL CONDITIONS – ITALY (pdf)
- CONDIZIONI GENERALI DI NOLEGGIO – Cooltra Partner Sorrento e Castellammare (pdf)
- CONDIZIONI GENERALI DI NOLEGGIO – Cooltra Partner Napoli (pdf)
- CONDIZIONI GENERALI DI NOLEGGIO – Cooltra Partner Vieste (pdf)
- CONDIZIONI GENERALI DI NOLEGGIO – Cooltra Partner Salerno (pdf)
- CONDIZIONI GENERALI DI NOLEGGIO – Cooltra Partner Alghero (pdf)
- CONDIZIONI GENERALI DI NOLEGGIO – ITALIA (pdf)
Check the prices related to possible penalties here.